Today at dinner, I found a live slug on my host mom's salad plate. I am not kidding. She got a bunch of vegetables from a friend and washed them all, but apparently this little guy was hiding in a head of lettuce. She was so upset-felt really bad about the situation. I was (surprisingly) okay (perhaps the sausage incident has made my stomach tougher) and kept eating my food. She got really quite and kind of disappeared to her bedroom after I finished dinner (she said she was too ill to eat). I think she is embarassed. :( Third times a charm--maybe tomorrow's dinner will be more sucessful than the last two.
Oh, p.s. I have mysterious bug bites all over me. Patricia is convinced they are mosquito bites, but I have a somewhat irrational fear that it's from some scary/nasty French bug. Let's hope not.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Salut Kelsey,
ReplyDeleteI just checked your blog for the first time and see that I need to return to enjoy all the finer details of your adventures. At the rate of your experiences your will have enough material to compile a book by the end of your trip.
I love your pictures. They help me connect to your words.
I just finished reading "The Glass Castle". What affected me most was it being based on a true story. Let's have a mini book discussion when you return.
Adieu for now. -kathy