Golly gee. I am so darn tired! The past two days have been so busy. Last night, the show I went to was a bit bizarre. It involved the following: two women, tree costumes, the removal of tree costumes, bird calls, tight red outfits under the tree costumes, and opera singing. Crazy? Yes. Worth it? Of course! It was free and in a beautiful rose garden. In addition, I saw the cutest baby! She was less than a year old and had glasses. She was dancing the whole time, too!
By far- one of the funniest things I have ever seen…On our way to the show we saw, there was another performance. Except it was a performance that involved the audience. Imagine this: a huge gazebo under which a band was playing and about 300 audience members. No chairs. Choreographed (except not) dancing. Apparently everyone in the audience had an instruction booklet to guide them through the dances they were to perform. It was hysterical! Totally looked like something out of a movie. Everyone was skipping around the gazebo and then they would stop and start another dance move. I wish everyone could have seen it!
The overall environment at the park last night was so nice. It was one of the most relaxing/carefree environments I have ever been in. So amazing.
Today we had to get up SUPER early for our excursion. Our professors failed to tell us that we would be hiking up a small mountain the whole day. I had on Sperry’s and jeans...Hey, at least I wasn’t the girl in high wedges and shorts! It was a blast hiking and being in the beautiful forest. However, I did not understand much of the “magical”/”mystical” elements behind the forest because our guide spoke very fast French.
Tonight, I am going to eat dinner with my host mom and probably watch a movie. Tomorrow, we are going to the market together in Rennes. A host mom of one of the girls in our group offered to have Sarah and I stay at her house tomorrow night so we can hang out with the Villanova students past 8:00. Haha. Apparently, summer hours for the bus have started. AKA Sarah and I have not mode of transportation from our Metro stop past the hour of 8:00 pm. We walked the two miles the other day, but I would not want to do it late at night!
Sunday morning, I am going to take the bus back to Chantepie with Sarah and Serena. My host mom is taking us to some sort of Spa. Apparently, it’s a giant Jacuzzi where you do exercises and get water massages? I really have no idea. All I know is you need to wear a swim cap, which is funny enough in itself.
So tired. Off to eat. Bon soir!
No comments:
Post a Comment