Today was a great day. The sun was shining in the morning, which is always the perfect thing to wake up to. I had three classes today, two in the morning and one in the afternoon. We had our typical two hour lunch break, which was amazing…Sarah and I walked to a nearby Boulangerie Patisserie for lunch (A deli/bakery. They are everywhere here- very popular for lunch/breakfast). I had an amazing chicken sandwich on a fresh (and HUGE) baguette. For dessert, I had a pastry that was similar to a croissant, but it had raisons and a little sugar on it. YUM. I eat so much bread here- it’s insane. Probably not the best diet; but hey, you only live once.

My afternoon class was SO fun. There is this very old man in our class who is from Brazil. His name is Francisco Manuel and he is absolutely hysterical. He gave a presentation today about Brazil and it was the most incoherent/funny/adorable thing in the world. We all tried to sneak pictures of him during the presentation. After class finished, he taught us a song he wrote about Rennes and we all sang it with him. Too funny. Serena got it on video. To the left is a picture we took with him at Le Mont-Saint-Michel!
After class, I walked around the city for a bit with Serena, MaryAnna, Sarah, and Matt. It was a blast. (Actually, I’m quite sure that Matt wants to kill us girls. We have a lot of trouble deciding what we want to do/eat/buy. He is actually in the fourth hour that I am facilitating next year for the Service Learning Community—so he can’t kill me!) We stopped by an ice cream shop and got some treats. I got some raspberry sorbet—so amazing. We tried to make our way to a beautiful park/garden in the area, but none of us really knew where it was. Plus, it was getting super cloudy and we could tell that it was going to rain at any moment. Sarah and I decided to make the trek back to Chantepie before we got stuck in the rain. Again. Perfect timing. Right when we got on the bus, it started storming like crazy. The weather is so crazy here; one moment it is beautiful and the next there is a torrential downpour.
My evening has been filled with pilates, journaling and watching 430598230498 news programs about Michael Jackson. Seriously, the French are OBSESSED with him. After dinner I will probably study a bit and read some of my book. Pretty legit evening. PEACE.
No comments:
Post a Comment