Friday, July 24, 2009

Last Day in Rennes

Today:
1. Woke up and ate breakfast with Patricia
2. Thought about packing
3. Played piano for Patricia
4. Thought about packing again
5. Did Pilates
6. Ate lunch with Patricia. Guess what I ate? A WHOLE piece of salmon and some type of tuna bread. Mom, Dad- I hope you are proud.
7. Went for a super long walk with Patricia. We walked down a path I found the other day; it leads to the countryside and is so quaint and beautiful.
8. Stopped for coffee at Patricia’s friends house on the walk back home
9. Actually packed
10. Went for a run
11. Ate dinner with Patricia
12. Gave Patricia her gift. She started crying; I got really sad because when I leave she is going to be all alone. Tomorrow is definitely going to be tough to say goodbye.

I spent a lot of time today reflecting on my past month in Rennes. I kept thinking of the things I was going to miss: going on runs through Chantepie and the surrounding countryside, dinners with Patricia, Patricia making fun of me for saying something stupid, Esmeralda and her delicious food, my favorite Patisserie down the street, etc. I could go on forever. I have loved every moment I have been here and although I am very much looking forward to St. Malo and Paris, it is definitely going to be difficult to leave the place that I have called home for the past four weeks.

I am not sure about my internet situation in St. Malo and Paris. I am going to try to update this blog as much as I can, but there really are no guarantees. I plan on writing a bit every day and posting all updates when I have internet. For the last time, peace and love from Rennes. I wish you all could have experienced this amazing city alongside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment