Last night I decided to go for a run with Theresa. After the birthday cake = maybe not the best decision. It was still fun though because we ran around the wall of the city twice and got to see all of the amazing views. We ended on the beach around 8:00. It was so pretty! After, I grabbed a quick dinner at a pizzeria with Theresa and after…visited Sanchez, the BEST ice cream place I have ever been to. (Maybe for the second time of the day…) Seriously, this ice cream place has forever changed my life. First off, there are over 60 fabulous flavors. Secondly, the four flavors I have tried have all been absolutely delicious. Lastly, the line is ALWAYS wrapped around the road. Honestly, yesterday there were about 75 people in line. BUT they are SO efficient. It took about 5 minutes. I wish everyone could taste the goodness that is Sanchez ice cream.
Today we visited Jersey. We had to wake up at 6:30, which was not fun. But thankfully, we got to eat a great breakfast before we departed. I was quite bummed on our way to the ferry because it was raining and really cold. The ferry was a ton faster than I had imagined. I slept for the entire hour and a half it took us to get there. Thankfully by the time we arrived, the weather had cleared up. We went to the office of tourism to figure out exactly what we wanted to do. After talking with a woman, we decided on renting bikes. It was way too much fun!
We rode bikes along the coast, past several beaches, through little towns; saw the countryside, amazing parks and gardens, cliffs overlooking the ocean, and ended at a BEAUTIFUL place that overlooked the ocean and the most spectacular lighthouse I have ever seen. I could not take enough pictures to do the view justice! Speaking of pictures, as I was taking a picture, I got attached by a British Seagull! I had a piece of bread in my hand as I was taking a photo when all of a sudden a HUGE bird flew into my head. It, no joke, landed on my head and stole the bread out of my hand. I still cannot believe it. It was utterly terrifying.
We ate lunch at a really nice restaurant on the top of the cliff, overlooking the lighthouse. It was delicious. After lunch, we headed back to where we rented the bikes. Overall, we biked for 15 miles! The second 7.5 miles were a lot easier because they were slightly downhill compared to the 7.5 on the way to the lighthouse that were slightly uphill. We walked around the town center for a couple hours, browsed through some shops, got ice cream (not nearly as good as Sanchez) and then headed back to our ferry around 5:00. We got back to St. Malo at 8:15 (b/c of the time change). I am not really sure about plans for tonight. I am exhausted!
Much LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment